Welcome to Abbeyfield School, a larger than average 11-18 school based on the outskirts of Northampton near to the M1 motorway.
We are immensely proud of our school and, as part of the Creative Education Trust (CET), the focus on the Design Curriculum. Creativity, problem solving and innovation are at the heart of our approach to learning and at the heart of the UK economy. We are constantly challenged and supported by CET to raise the outcomes of our students and to prepare them to be good citizens of the future.
The facilities at the school are outstanding. Students recognise this and are proud to be part of Abbeyfield School. They work hard and readily accept our values of politeness and hard work. Equally impressive are our staff who go the extra mile to ensure that every student has the opportunity to succeed regardless of need.
Abbeyfield seeks to be at the centre of the community, good relationships between families and the school are essential in order that our young people make outstanding progress and prepare confidently for their next steps into higher education or the world of work
Show My Homework:
We are very pleased to announc...
Open Evening - Tuesday 3 October 2017:
To view details of our Open Ev...
After School & Break Time Activities:
To view the latest After Schoo...
Bushcraft Residential Trip Monday 18 Sept 2017:
With the Bushcraft Trip rapidl...
Students gain stunning GCSE results at Abbeyfield!:
We are absolutely delighted f...
Excellent A' Level Results break last year's records!:
Abbeyfield School Post 16 s...
End of Year Student Reward – Wednesday 19 July 2017:
Students from the winning Hous...
Introduction from new Interim Principal, Mr Powell, and important information for the new Term:
As you all know, Mrs Morrell i...
Isambard Kingdom Brunel was one of the most versatile and audacious engineers of the 19th century.Read More
Susie Cooper was the pottery designer who changed the look of Wedgwood and whose work is even more valuable today.Read More
Humphry Davy was a British chemist best known for his experiments in electro-chemistry and his invention of a miner's safety lamp.Read More
Inigo Jones was the first notable English architect, responsible for introducing the classical architecture of Rome and the Italian Renaissance to Britain.Read More
Jean Muir, was the celebrated British fashion designer whose work is known for its classic, timeless and discreet quality.Read More
- The students who have attended the Bushcraft trip are on their way back to school. Their expected return time at school is approx. 16:30.
- Students who are on the Bushcraft visit are enjoying themselves and demonstrating their skills well. Rainy night last night but sunny today.
- The students attending the Bushcraft trip have arrived safe and well at Cornbury Park Estate
Take A Tour
See our Galleries
- World Book Day: 2nd March 2017
- Abbeyfield sets New World Record: Number of High-Viz Vests worn in one Place- 24.11.15
- Around Abbeyfield School
- Remembrance Day - 11th November 2014
- Exams Results Day: August 2015
- First Day of Term: September 2015
- World Book Day- Thursday 3rd March 2016
- Bushcraft Residential: September 2016
- Awards Evening- September 2016
- 'Live Loung'e Evening: 4th May 2017